Monday, January 28, 2013

0

Review of The Gypsy King by Maureen Fergus

Posted in ,
Synopsis:

A runaway slave with a shadowy past, sixteen-year-old Persephone has spent four long years toiling beneath the leering gaze of her despised owner and dreaming of a life where she is free to shape her own destiny. Then, one night, a chance encounter with a handsome chicken thief named Azriel changes her life forever.

Sold to him for a small bag of gold coins, Persephone soon discovers what she already suspected: namely, that Azriel is not what he seems. And when she realizes that he believes Persephone has a special destiny—she is determined to escape him and his impossibly broad shoulders.
But things are no longer as simple as they once were. Torn between her longing for freedom and her undeniable feelings for the handsome thief with the fast hands and the slow smile, Persephone faces the hardest choice she will ever have to make. And no one least of all her—could have imagined the shocking truth her decision will reveal. (Taken from Goodreads)

Stars Given: 


Overall View:
Seeing that many had given this book 3-5 stars, I decided to give it a shot since I could just request it on Netgalley.  Many people might hate me for this because of all the good reviews, but for some reason, I kept falling asleep while reading this.  The plot was going no where, I kept getting confused and everything just made no sense to me.  I felt like the characters were kind of rash, making those types of decisions.  I might try and reread it some time but really, the characters confuse me and the story line moves slowly.  I might change this review if I ever get a chance to reread this book, but I felt like sleeping every time I read a few pages of it.  I decided that it deserved a two star though because the beginning/prologue hooked me in.  Other than that, I just feel like falling asleep.  Maybe it is not the book's fault, but mine, so I will give it another chance somewhere in mid-February.

Characters:

N/A - 
Description of Character: N/A


Review of Character: N/A

N/A -

Description of Character: N/A

Review of Character: N/A


*Supporting characters not listed

0 comments: