Saturday, November 8, 2014

0

Author Interview: Krista Pakeresht

Posted in , ,


PICTURE UNAVAILABLE

About the Author:

Krista Pakseresht has always been a dreamer from the first time she opened her eyes.  Creating worlds through words is one thing she is truly talented at.  She specializes in Young Adult/New Adult romance, horror, action, fantasy, and non-fiction under the pen name Kira Adams.

She is the author of the Infinite Love series, the Foundation series, the Darkness Falls series, and the Looking Glass series.

Interview:
What made you want to become a writer?

Honestly, when I was younger, especially during the summers or on vacations I would spend 80% of my time reading. I rarely spent time with friends and instead chose to lose myself in great books and their enticing plots. I read everything from young adult romances to horror and then I would lock myself inside of my room and attempt to create my own stories with similar plots or characters, just so I could feel an ounce of what those stories made me feel. 


Eventually, my creativity grew and I didn’t need similar plots or characters to feel invested in my characters or their stories.

Where do you get your inspirations from?
Real life and the trials and tribulations we all go through on a daily basis. What I write about isn’t pretty, but it is real.

Other than writing books, what else do you do in your free time?

I love to sing, but haven’t done it in years. I also have a passion for film acting as well as theatre acting. I’m a Taurus, so I love being in the spotlight in one way or another. I also love spending time with friends and family.

If you could work with another author, who would it be?

I would love to work for Colleen Hoover. She is experiencing amazing success in our genre these days and I would love to pick her brain even just for a moment. I would love to get some tips and tricks from her and be able to absorb everything like a sponge.

What are major themes of your work?

Depression, bullying, love, grief, self-harm, suicide, addictions, disorders, etc.

What do you think people look for in a book?

They are looking for relatable characters and an enticing plot. Something that keeps them turning the pages from cover to cover.

Are there any recent works you admire?

I recently read Finding Cinderella by Colleen Hoover. Surprisingly, it was the first book I ever picked up of hers, but it took little to no time at all for me to fall completely in love with her characters and her writing style.

Questions About the Book (Pieces of Me):

Which character in the book do you think you can relate to the most?
Probably Daniel, the main character. It was as if he didn’t know there was something missing in his life until “Cinderella” walked into his life. I think that is something a lot of us experience in life.


How do you come up with your character's names?

I always like to go against the grind and use names that I find intriguing and maybe haven’t been overused. Normally you won’t find a Sarah or Ashley, Jeff or David in my books. Instead you will find Peyton, Madalynne, Parker, Jace, Brooklyn, etc. I’ve been told my characters names are definitely a selling point to my novels, and I wholeheartedly agree.

What gave you the inspiration to write Pieces of Me?
A lot of real life elements; real personalities, real appearances, real conversations, real situations, and real problems. Pieces of Me is the most realistic piece of fiction I have ever written. So many parts of myself or people I care about were weaved throughout. I think that is why people find it the easiest to relate to.


*The questions and answers of this author interview are only for Ethereal Book Reviews to use.  If you would like to get interviewed, please visit our "Contact Us" page and send us an e-mail.

0 comments: