Thursday, October 16, 2014

0

Review of Shameless by Nina Lemay

Posted in , ,
Synopsis:
Girls like me don’t get happy endings.

I know what I am. At worst a cliché, at best a cautionary tale. I put an international border between me and my past, only to wind up working in a low-end titty bar. Even my excuse is as lame as it gets: I’m paying for college, getting my art degree from Montreal’s most prestigious school. Although some days it becomes confusing: am I just a student who moonlights as a stripper, or a stripper who masquerades as a student?

But the inevitable happens and my two lives collide. And now there’s one other person who knows both the quiet, antisocial Hannah and the sensual, shameless Alicia. One person who keeps my secret.

He’s beautiful, he’s sophisticated. He comes from the other side of life, the one where I’m not wanted or accepted. But he calls me la petite Américaine, and his hot, hot hands on my skin promise me things I long ago gave up on.

The problem? He teaches my Classic Photography class.

This is a standalone novel, no series, no cliffhanger.
(Taken from Goodreads)


Stars Given:★★★★☆


Overall View:
This was quite an interesting story, one that I have not read before.  Although I found Hannah a little irritating at times, I adored Emmanuel.  He was probably one of the sweetest guys in stories ever.  Hannah hadn't appealed to me as much as I wanted her to because I felt as if she felt sorry for herself all the time.  She pushed away those who wanted to help her, such as Emmanuel, and that really bothered me.  Although she seems like a very strong character, the fact that she can't accept what happened in the past just makes her weak.  The only time when I enjoyed reading about her character was near the end when she talked to Emmanuel.  By then, she made a big change and was able to accept herself for what has happened to her.  Overall, I liked the plot and how the story progressed.  I did not notice any grammar mistakes, etc. so that makes me pretty happy.  Other than Hannah's character, I enjoyed this book, and the sweet little moments that were shared by Emmanuel and Hannah.  If you don't mind reading about a stripper, and a hot teacher, you better pick up this book now!

0 comments: