Thursday, July 31, 2014

0

Author Interview: Jerry Barrow

Posted in , ,


About the Author:
Jerome Brooke lives if the Kingdom of Siam. He is the consort of Jira, a princess of the lost Kingdom of Siam. He has written The City of the Mirage and many other books.

Interview:
What made you want to become a writer?
I have read F&SF since I was very young. I do not see much of the pulp fiction I used to see - so what was I to do? 

Where do you get your inspirations from?
I am a dreamer. Like in the days of the bards, the Muse whispers in my ear. She sings of the days of the sword, queens and of dragons. I record the histories of the worlds of the Multiverse, and men say they are only tles of fancy. 

Other than writing books, what else do you do in your free time?

I am retired, and live in the Kingdom of Siam. I have a daughter of 7, a child of my old age. She keeps Papa busy.

If you could work with another author, who would it be?

I like the old Conan series. 

What are major themes of your work?
In my the Dark Empire of Astarte series, I write of the Divine Astarte and her consort. Her world is one of wars and battles, ruled by the Divine Queen, the Destroyer of Worlds.

What do you think people look for in a book?

With pulp fiction, readers want to visit a fantasy realm of beautiful women and their consorts. They want to read of a life of adventure and romance.

*The questions and answers of this author interview are only for Ethereal Book Reviews to use.  If you would like to get interviewed, please visit our "Contact Us" page and send us an e-mail.

0 comments: