Saturday, January 5, 2013

0

Review of The Mephisto Covenant: The Redemption of Ajax by Trinity Faegen

Posted in ,
Sypnosis:
Sasha is desperate to find out who murdered her father. When getting the answer means pledging her soul to Eryx, she unlocks a secret that puts her in grave danger--she is an Anabo, a daughter of Eve, and Eryx's biggest threat. 
A son of Hell, immortal, and bound to Earth forever, Jax looks for redemption in the Mephisto Covenant--God's promise he will find peace in the love of an Anabo. After a thousand years, he's finally found the girl he's been searching for: Sasha. 
With the threat of Eryx always looming, Jax knows he has to keep Sasha safe and win her over. But can he? Will Sasha love him and give up her mortal life? (Taken from Goodreads)

Stars Given: 


Overall View:
Found this book in my To-Be-Read list on goodreads.  Since I had that time, I went out to get this book.  To be honest, the beginning of the book was very confusing for me.  The author introduced a lot of characters with unique names.  To make it worse, they all had nicknames.  I had quite a hard time trying to remember who was who.  I was also surprised at how quickly the relationship between the main characters progressed.  Who would have thought that you would immediately kiss someone you just met on a mountain.  I like the plot of the story though,  however, I would have like it even more if the characters' relationship didn't seem so rushed.  There were times when I had to reread the story since I had a hard time remembering all the characters.  It might have been better if they all didn't have a nickname.  This book is the first book I have ever read the involved the story of Adam and Eve.  I think the author did a pretty good job in keeping the reader engaged.  I give this book a 4/5.

Characters:

Sasha - 
Description of Character:  A teenage girl who is devastated after losing her father.  She is shipped off from her warm house to Colorado where she meets an aunt that hates her, hoping she would just die.  During her stay, she meets Jax who changes her life with details about who she really is.

Review of Character:  The character was well developed.  Some of the hurdles she went through was so well described that I could see myself in those situations.  Sasha is surprisingly strong even though she cries a lot in my opinion.  Sometimes though, I wish she would just listen to Jax.  Not my most favourite character in this book but I liked her view on some of the situations.  Its refreshing to see the view of a person who has no power yet continues to try aiding those who strayed from the path.


Jax -

Description of Character:  A strong character who seems like a rough person.  He doesn't know what love is.  As a son of hell, he has never felt such a strong emotion like love pull him towards a girl.  Having all kinds of abilities, he uses them to fight Eryx and hopes that one day god will be able to hear his prayers.

Review of Character:  Reading the description of Jax made me think that he would be an awkward character.  However the things he did for Sasha, though subtle, was very sweet.  Not knowing how to express love and feeling jealousy whenever another male looks at Sasha, he reined in his feelings and did everything he could to make Sasha happy.


*Supporting characters not listed

0 comments: